Are you team Red Wing or team Keen Work boots? This is a tough choice to make. These shoes are iconic and have appealing qualities, making it tough to choose and leave the other. Either way, depending on your work, you will have to make the ultimate decision.
However, before you make your final choice, You will need to know all about the pros and cons of red wing vs. keen work boots.
If unsure about the differences, you’ve come to the correct location to learn about two of the most renowned work boot brands available.
Red Wing Boots
For more than 120 years, Red Wing has been manufacturing shoes. Since the beginning, these products have been well-known for their high quality in terms of the materials used and the craftsmanship put into each pair.
These shoes have sturdy insoles that absorb shock and provide good ankle support. Because of the non-slip outsole, you can wear them in any weather, even on snow and ice.
Pros of Red Wing Boots
- They have thick leather that is strong, easy to maintain, and patinas beautifully.
- The blocky toe and the darkened leather, triple and double-sewn along the vamp, do a great job of deflecting scratches.
- The thick crepe rubber sole has exceptional traction and provides good shock absorption.
- Red wing boots are water resistant, making them ideal for walking around damp places.
- Red wing has a toe box that is reasonably roomy and provides your toes plenty of room to move around in comparison to many other styles of work boots.
- This boot’s 360-degree Goodyear welt makes it incredibly simple for any cobbler to replace the sole.
Cons of Red Wing Boots
- Finding the right size can be challenging. The dimensions for these shoes range from 7 to 13, and they come in both D and E diameters, though they don’t refill the E widths very often.
- If you work in a place with risks of falls or hazards such as concrete or tiled floors, they might need to provide more protection for your feet.
- Since there is no shank, it might have less stability and durability except for men’s boots.
Keen Work Boots
Keen Work Boots brand consistently introduces cutting-edge and modern footwear designs.
Keen work boots incorporate more security measures to endure harsh environments while adjusting to contemporary fashions.
Here is a look at some of its pros and cons.
Pros of Keen Work Boots
- You can be sure that this one includes the perfect balance of safety and comfort. Walking or running will cause your feet to feel as though they are being gently massaged.
- The shoes will fit your feet, even if you’re trying to climb a hill. The fact that the shoes don’t obstruct airflow around your feet is one of the factors they feel so cozy.
- Keen creates their work boots with the demands of employees in mind while combining elements from sports shoes and hiking boots, giving you a ton of fluidity and padding to absorb the impact of each step.
- Keen’s work boots are purposefully designed to have a wider toe box than average to fit more securely and comfortably. Keen’s sizing is typically true to size.
- Work boots made by Keen have a very long lifespan. It could last between 10 and 12 years, depending on the couple. However, if you wear them sparingly during the warranty period, some manufacturers will provide warranties that will increase their life years beyond that.
Cons of Keen Work Boots
- These Keen work boots are pricey at $180. But if you get a couple of years out of them and your feet yearn for an athletic footwear feel with work boot safety features, I’d say you’ll be pleased to have them on your feet for that price.
- They are not waterproof.
- These boots are not breathable because they don’t have a ventilation feature.
- Keen work boots are bulky. The leather on the top of Keen steel-toed shoes makes them denser than the other low-top steel-toed shoes.
- It is probably not best to wear these shoes for long standing periods or consecutive days because they might trigger your ankle to start aching.
Choose either of these two pairs of shoes if they are appropriate for your workplace.
Whatever brand you choose, you can go right concerning comfort, sturdiness, and reliable construction. It depends on your style preferences, financial constraints, and job requirements.
Feel free to use this blog of redwing vs. keen work boots pros and cons if you feel stranded
All the best!